1. Title your news article. This can be the title taken directly from the news source.
2. Add a subtitle.
3. Add a byline.
4. Enter the publication title. (ex. New York Times)
5. Enter the publication URL (ex. http://www.nyt.com/article123)
6. Upload an image to go with the news clip.
7. If you uploaded an image, caption it.
8. Enter the content of the news clip in the content editor window.
9. Edit options. You may not see all these options on every page, but here's what these different sections do. Most often they can be left to their defaults.
- Menu Settings is used if you want to add this page to your menu. This can also be handled by editing your menu under the Structure option above.
- URL path settings allows you to override the default URL by unchecking the 'Generate automatic URL alias' checkbox
- Meta Tags allows you to override what gets shown when the page is shared on Facebook or Twitter (although Twitter requires your site to be whitelisted first).
- Authoring Information allows you to set a publishing date (which will default to the first time you publish it if you leave it alone).
- Publishing Options is really the most important tab, as it allows you to control whether this piece of content is available to the public.